Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kiev Fashion Days - Young Talent Gets Noticed

Ada Zanditon

I'm very happy to be involved in an event that nourishes young fashion, I feel that it's the new talent that needs most support and that's why you may have noticed me putting a lot of effort into this project even though my involvement is on the sidelines. I am bringing two talented and very promising (on the verge of incredible success even) designers - Jeffrey Michael and Ada Zanditon to Kiev for Fashion Days.

Jeffrey Michael Design

Kiev Fashion Days A/W 2011 is from 25th till the 27th of March. Impressively, this is the first international (UK, Italy, Switzerland, Russia, Ukraine etc.) fashion event of its kind, and I'm proud to say it's in my homeland. It turned out that Kiev is also in Ada's heritage...all the roads lead home I guess. Both Ukrainian and foreign designers will present their collections in here, while editors of the most prestigious fashion magazines and bloggers from around the world will be attending the shows and lectures. Kiev Fashion Days has adopted the standards of the world's major fashion weeks and although it's only their second season seems to be incredibly impressive in terms of the guest caliber it draws in. Some names off the top of my head - Godfrey Deeny, Diane Pernet, Sophia Apostolou, Matt Irwin, Robb Young, Yvan Rodic, Alena Doletskaya. And incredible press - Italian/Russian Vogue, Dazed, Zoot, Wallpaper, LOVE, Beast, 032c, Purple Diary,10, Top10... 

The star of Milan Fashion Week, designer Francesco Scognamiglio is will celebrate his 10th anniversary of his eponymous house in Kiev by teaming up with Ukrainian L'Officiel, the very first Ukrainian fashion magazine, which will also celebrate it�s 10th anniversary and opening the event with his show. Scognamiglio will present his new collection, as well as the infamous dress worn by Madonna at the post-Oscar Vanity Fair party. "I am extremely happy to show my collection during Kiev Fashion Days. I like the style of Ukrainian women and I was very pleased with my initial visit to Kiev" says Scognamilglio.

What I particularly applaud is that KFD strives to educate about fashion as well as inspire and promote. Multiple lectures and workshops by foreign and local professionals are scheduled in the program from Scognamilglio to Doletskaya.

KFD events are also very impressive, a performance by �Thieves Like Us� is scheduled for the opening night and Pete Doherty will perform at the closing party.

More info: www.kievfashiondays.com
Accreditation and details for media: www.kievfashiondays.com/press
Kiev Fashion Days on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment