Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weather Woes

OK so this is a bit out of character for this blog (so far)...but the weather is really bugging me. It's not quite summer but it's not really winter, and I wouldn't say the grey skies are particularly characteristic of spring! Eternal wardrobe nightmares - I'm either freezing or sweating to death. I work in fashion, which means it's a busy, fast paced studio...however on mornings like today when I've looked out my window and seen rain clouds and moggy London streets, I decide upon a long, baggy cardigan/polo shirt/skinny jeans/leather jacket combo. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES CARL. Aesthetically it works, however in this humidity it really doesn't. By the time I'd spent an hour standing on a packed tube, caught a bus and walked the remainder of my journey I was ready for a dip in the local pool.

Whist flicking through Another Man magazine at lunch I came across these brilliantly stunning combinations which could end my weather woes. Layering thin garments is obviously the key as it keeps in the warmth, even if you are wearing thin layers they say it is better to wear a few thin rather than one thick.

1 - This is an advertisement from Giuliano Fujiwara (I've not heard of him either, but I shall be investigating!)

2 - A Dior Homme creation, and I am completely in love with the trousers. The pleat detail is ingenious, with rounded panels falling off the end of the pleats. I also love the volume it creates, before tapering in towards the ankle. Personally the multi-layered knits would be still too warm for me, but a great look none-the-less.

3 - These floral print cardigans by Prada are delicious. Softly layered like this and combined with Cassie Mercantile jersey trousers, they create the perfect artisan look.

No comments:

Post a Comment