Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kate Moss Samples

Appologies about the poor image - I'm still learning


We got some Kate Moss for Topshop samples in at work recently (as far as I know, they are already in the shops, or have been, so I'm not breaking any rules!) and I am really loving the details and techniques used...all of which I believe could be done by the most novice customiser (except the elaborate machine embroidery, top left).

My favourite one is the viscose blouse with light blue circles appliqued across the neck band, falling down the chest. A great way to add drama, and could be tried with different shapes, fabrics (who says they have to be fabrics?!). The jersey t-shirt with a knotted cross-back - which reminds me of finger knitting as a child - is a wonderful detail, which in my opinion would benifit from a LOT more knotting...almost piled ontop of each other in a random fashion, creating a slightly rugged volume (there I go again about neck/shoulder sculpting).

I think over the next few weeks I shall try out some of these techniques and create small sample pieces (like little pieces of textile) and post them for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment