Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Incentive: Wisdom Teeth Removal...Yuck!

This is a bit off topic from my regular posts, but read on if you're curious...

So, I have to get my wisdom teeth out. I fully expected to have to have all four out, but would you know it...I had a consultation a week or so ago and found out that I only need to get two out and they are not impacted. Supposedly, per the doc, he can "easily" take these two teeth out in 10 minutes by, basically, pulling them out. He said I could choose to do local anesthesia (novocain shots...ick!) or IV sedation. Now, I know I'll sound like a big baby here, but I'm just not sure I can handle someone digging around in my mouth for 10-15 minutes with sharp, pointy tools, so originally, I was leaning towards the IV sedation. I talked to the insurance lady who is supposed to give me a quote in a week or two for how much I should owe after insurance and she said she didn't think insurance would cover the IV sedation for "2 easy extractions" (funny how everyone keeps calling this "easy"). So, I find out that the IV sedation is roughly $350. $350?! I'm thinking that I could do some serious shopping damage with that much!

I haven't decided what to do yet. The thought of being conscious during this "easy" procedure freaks me out. I mean, I've had fillings, but this seems different and much more scary somehow. But, then, the $350 price tag isn't sounding so hot either, not to mention there is that 1 in a million chance of dying (I know...I'm super paranoid...it's so silly). So...long story short...I'm thinking I need to offer myself some incentive to take the novocain shots. What do you think? Is sitting through the procedure worth a $100 shopping spree? I recently got a really expensive bill from the car people, so I don't really have $350 to spend at all, but I figure it's better to spend $100 I don't have than $350 I don't have, right? I mean, I'm practically saving myself money here, right?! lol

Do any of you guys have any other ideas for incentives or would you just pay the money to be out during the procedure?

No comments:

Post a Comment