Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Suzuki Takayuki

Over the weekend I took a visit to Harrods with some friends, for a completely different reason, but I left with 3 fashion magazines nicely tucked in my bag. I'm always on the hunt for slightly obscure and conceptual fashion, as from a personal level and as a designer this is 10x more inspirational to me than the catwalks of New York, for example. One of the magazines I found there is named gapPress, and it holds the A/W 08/09 collections from Tokyo, Madrid, Barcelona and Sao Paulo.

(click to enlarge)

Suzuki Takayuki was one of the designers who stood out to me, with his historical take on fashion for A/W 08/09 - updated crinoline styles in cocoon shapes, armour-like dresses made from black leather and copper all combined beautifully with soft cottons and chiffons with wine red as an accent colour. It is this contrast which has really hit the spot with me. I love his brilliant way of combining hard and soft sihouettes ... something I have come to expect from the likes of Mcqueen and his mighty team of worker bees, but it excites me to see such a 'new' designer (his label launched in 2002) experimenting with shape, form and texture in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment