Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Killing me softly...



I am a big high heels lover. It's unthinkable to me going out at night in less than 5-centimetres-heels. That's why I am astonished at how bad they are for the back, a mortal cocktail together with my love for huge bags! In Spain we have a proverb which says something like "if you want to look cool, you have to suffer", and I guess it's absolutely real. -Thanks God I walk to the Uni on flats, because if not, the damage would be irreversible.
In the lower extremeties we have 28 bones, 7.000 nerve endings and 57 articulations, and when we walk in high heels, we force its natural posture, causing with that severe long-term damage in our knees and back. Doctors recommend walking on the sand on barefoot to reduce the terrible effects of the heels on our body.


*Graphic: Washington Post


I cannot avoid having high heels. It's so empowering. It feels like your body is more stylized, your legs are longer, your hips are smaller, you feel more self-confident... and so many things you already now. It was Louis XIV of France the one who is said to have invented the heels, basically to try to hide his short height.
Here a collage with some of my favourite shoes... What can I say? I recommend you not to use heels, but the question is, are you be able to?

No comments:

Post a Comment