Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, July 30, 2007

Week of Thrifts Kick-Off

I went by the Junior League warehouse this weekend and scooped up quite a few nice vintage and thrift finds. Enough, in fact, that I thought I'd do a week of thrifts - outfits with thrifted items, that is. They won't be 100% thrifteditem-outfits - that's not really my style. I like to mix and match secondhand items with the latest styles. I buy and wear what I like, regardless of how much (or how little) I paid for it (but I think many of you out there will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've been having lots of fun playing with the outfits and what I really want to start doing is more outfits that are a bit more fun - trendy, deconstructed, rock chic - whatever - I just want to play with my clothes a little more. :) Anywho, starting this week, don't be surprised to see more funky outfits making the mix.

Here's an off-white ruffly, silk top with pearl buttons I picked up:

Ladylike with the pencil skirt by with a trendy twist of ankle booties - I think this outfit would look a lot better with black opaque or semi-opaque tights, but my friend taking the pictures said you guys wouldn't be able to see the ankle booties.


I think this top also looks super sleek with just jeans and maybe simple pumps.

Rufflly Silk Top: Thrifted DANCASTER
Pencil Skirt: Banana Republic
Seafoam-Green Snakeskin Clutch: Thrifted Express
Ankle Booties: Anne Klein NY
Jeans: Banana Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment