Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shopping a la Pretty Woman

Pretty Woman was on TV tonight, and while I didn't get to watch the entire movie (turned it on after it had already started), I did get to see my favorite scene - the shopping scene - oh yea! I tried searching on YouTube.com for a clip, but the only one I could find was actually from Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion where Romy and Michelle comment on the Pretty Woman shopping scene:

The first scene (where they won't help her in the fancy-schmancy boutique) reminds me of when I worked/shopped in the ritzy mall in town when I was in college and I was B-R-O-K-E broke. The sales people wouldn't talk very much to me, and it seemed that they didn't want to make eye contact with me either - almost as though they could just tell by looking at me that I couldn't afford anything. I wasn't dressed inappropriately or anything, I simply didn't have anything expensive/designer on. It's not the best feeling in the world, let me tell you. However, now that I've graduated and been working awhile, I'm far from rich, but I can afford small luxuries here and there and while I still don't get as much eye contact when I'm dressed down, many of my shopping experiences end up turning into my own little Julia Roberts...err...Vivian Ward moments. Although, even if I recognized a salesperson who had snubbed me before, I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to throw the "Big Mistake" line at them - fun to watch in the movie, but not my style in real life. I guess this just goes to show you really shouldn't "judge a book by it's cover" after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment