Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, July 16, 2007

How To: Break In New Shoes

It's like "Welcome Home Loubies - Part Two." That's riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Thanks to Neiman Marcus' fab sale, I was able to bring home my second pair of Christian Louboutins. These dainty, canvas-covered heels were a steal at right around 50% off!

I've been walking around my house with these on, trying to break them in from the comfort of my home, rather than out and about. "How does one break in heels?" you ask.

How to Break in Your New Heels:
There are lots of methods, but my fave is wearing thin socks with my heels whilst hanging around the house. Of course, if you're just sitting on your couch all day, this isn't very helpful, but even just making quick trips from one room to another can gently start to break in your heels. Wearing thin socks helps to gently stretch out the shoes to fit your feet perfectly. Be sure to wear thin socks if you do this...you don't want to stretch them out too much!

If you're not sure if your shoes are broken in enough to wear a full day, I'd bring an extra pair, just in case your heels become to excruciating to bear. This happened to me last week, and thank goodness I had a spare on me!

I've also heard it takes three full eight-hour work days in your new shoes to fully break them in, but I'd rather give it a go from home first - at least to start the process, ya know?

Does anyone else have any good tips on how to break in new heels?

No comments:

Post a Comment