Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, February 19, 2010

Merve Tuna - LCF MA 2010

I'm a big lover of taxidermy...but incorporating it into clothing, quite literally is just a little bizarre for me. I won't get into the fur debate - I don't want to ruffle any feathers - but having a fully stuffed duck/hare/fox hanging from my waist isn't really my cup of tea. But hey, fashion is open for interpretation, and I am strangely intrigued by Merve Tuna's (animal collection....fishy name?) MA collection, shown at this years London College of Fashion show.

Although the garments on their own are not pushing any sartorial boundaries, the piece above is actually rather beautiful - the pastel colours, soft fabrics and relaxed silhouette with the 'bird in flight' broach adding another level to this elegant ensemble.


I would consider these pieces as art, rather than fashion. Yet another debate that quite frankly, I can't be bothered to get into right now...but these pieces are amazing when taken away from the catwalk and viewed alone. I would happily have these displayed in my home, just not on my person.

No comments:

Post a Comment