Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, February 26, 2010

Aroma30

Italian heart, London based, the combination could not sound better. Michela is the designer behind the label Aroma30. The clothes she showed at the On/Off exhibition during the London Fashion Week were incredibly delicate. The perfect patterns prove her experience at houses such as Valentino or Salvatore Ferragamo. The high quality fabrics and the feminine silhouettes prove this is only the starting point.





1. How would you define your brand?
Lights and shadows

2. How did you come up with the name?
I wanted a name that sounded like an unfinished perfume


3. You have studied in Roma and worked at Salvatore Ferragamo or Valentino. How come you decide to establish your own brand? Was it a difficult decision? Do you think their classic style influences somehow in your design?
It was quite natural to start, I didn't really decide. I just wanted to explore my own style and express it while improving my capabilities. My background influences me on creating wearable items and paying attention to quality and details.

4. You tend to do almost-monochromatic collections (white, now black), is there any reason?
I guess I often have a monochromatic vision of life, with different shades.

5. What does inspire you? Do you have any theme for your collections?
I usually start with a precise inspiration and then I let other influences to come across and change it. It's more like a creation of a mood instead of following a theme.


6. Who is your favourite designer? Style icon? Colour?
My favourite designer is Madeleine Vionnet. I can't really say I've a style icon, I love looking at charming people in general, catching the attitude behind their daily moments. My colour is definitely black.


7. Being Italian, why did you choose to be based in London?
Because London is the place of wannabes


8. If you could choose any fashion week in the world, where would you show your creations? Why?
London is still the best platform for an emerging designer as it offers support and inspirations.



9. Do you think that style has anything to do with money? How would you define a person with style?
I really believe that anything showing richness has no style at all. A person with style is someone with a vision on his mind.





















No comments:

Post a Comment