Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fashioning February: London Fashion Week - February 2010

So yesterday I got my fashion fix by heading down to Somerset House for London Fashion Week aka LFW. This is the second season that LFW has been held at Somerset House and the location works a real treat. The cobbled streets brings out the quainty aspects of British style along with the period features of the buildings that surround the courtyard. I had a very packed schedule ahead of me so I made sure that I got there early so I could soak in the atmosphere of LFW. After picking up my press badge I had a quick look at the press area and a quick chat with fellow bloggers Susie Bubble and Disney Roller Girl. The first show I saw was Kinder Aggugni which was a mixture of millitary chic and vintage flowing pieces. Needless to say the venue was packed and the audience very appreciative.
After I popped into the Vauxhall Fashion Scout media centre (part of the off schedule for LFW) to have a look at their set up. The Vauxhall Fashion Scout crew are always mega friendly and never fail to produce a fabulous press room. In September 2008 they had a Moroccan theme with exotic furniture, silk cushions and throws which was followed in February 2009 with a cosy space filled with bunches of roses and candles. This year they came up trumps with an Alice in Wonderland like theme with bird cadges dotted about on tables and window sills. There were also yummy cupcakes on display courtesy of thelittlecakery which I just had to sample - well it would have been rude not to. Next it was off to New Oxford Street for Romina Karamanea which took place at an underground venue which was jam packed. I spied Marion Kihogo tapping away at her netbook while looking chic in a fur gillet. The Romina Karamanea collection was very gothic like with all black pieces made out of leather, tweed and jersey. After a quick hello to Marion I rushed off to The Look Show which turned out to be the highlight of the day.

Check out Vauxhall Fashion Scout's blog.

I will be reviewing The Look Show tomorrow.

The picture at the top is of Kinder Aggugini.

No comments:

Post a Comment