Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Note from Korto Momolu



Hi BPR

It's been a while since we chatted and I just wanted to say thanks for all the love and support over the last year. It has most definitely been a roller-coaster ride since the show wrapped. Being asked to be on the All-Star Challenge was a treat and it actually was a fun experience for all of us behind the scenes. A lot of the good stuff was edited out and it seems like two hours really wasn't enough to tell the whole crazy story.

I will say that after watching the show and reading the reactions, it's kinda mixed. Some on one hand think I was the winner, some don't. Some think the right person won and others think not. Regardless of the reactions and opinions of the viewers, I really wish that people would put themselves in our shoes. We are just regular people that stepped out on faith and took a chance that this opportunity would bring us the seed money to start our lines. Personally I would give the fame and the drama back for the financing to do what I love - which is to design clothing and accessories that represent and compliment all women.

For so many to get offended in regards to me saying "I should have won" or "I deserved to win" so should I have said "I deserved to lose?..." that's why we all went on the show....

Each designer went to win and get the prize - $100,000! Not one went just for the fun - losing 5 weeks of work, away from our families....

Overall it was a life-changing experience and I will never forget it. I've made some lifetime bonds with some really talented and great people and we will forever be connected. Those people know my heart and they know the real Korto.

So this a memo to all those that watch from the outside looking in....Project Runway is a REALITY show and it seems to me when people are real the audience gets a little rattled. I mean come on...I just left my season - it feels like yesterday .... the emotions were still raw from that - and I took a chance..... a chance that I could come back and try again and see what happens.

What you saw after coming in second again were true raw emotions of what at that time was frustration and disappointment.

I have never taken anything away from Leanne's win (who by the way is a friend and I love her to death). Daniel, is also a friend and I am glad we got a chance to hang out on the All-Stars. I am truly happy for him and proud of all that he has accomplished. We both stood there sweaty palms and all awaiting the verdict...it was bittersweet for him too. As for the other All-stars, (hey guys!!!) we have all gone out and done great things with our careers. We all got along great on the show and had a mutual respect for one another and now that its over.....hooraaaaay! now we can all move on........ for my season 6 designers just stay true to who you are, stand by your work and you'll be just fine. I wish you allllll the luck on the crazy ride ahead.

Thanks to everyone that has stood by me through all this and continues to support me. I still read allll my emails so keep them coming! Check out my website www.kortomomolu.com for all the updates on whats next for me. Do check out the jewelry line on the website and yes check out Dillards in January 2010 for my handbag and jewelry line debut! I will be coming to a city near you to promote it!

Thanks again BPR for giving me a chance to speak and I need that picture of TBone in my seatbelt coat for my scrapbook please!!!


love ya,

korto


No comments:

Post a Comment