Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just when everything was going so well...


Well, I've started my new job and it's absolutely perfect for me. I now have creative control over the design work I am doing, and get involved in every stage of the process from trend research to sampling in China. It makes such a change to work for a stable, secure company who respect me and have trust in me. Naturally I was a little nervous when I presented my first collection of designs to the bosses, but they loved them...it couldn't have gone better. They are even taking me to a fabric trade show in Paris, called Premiere Vision, and a trip to China towards the end of the year. AMAZING.


Then the shit hit the fan.


I was only saying to my parents the other day how everything was going eerily too well in my life. I'm a bit of a pessimist, and there is always something going on to even the balance of good and evil! So yesterday I come home from work and find that we ave been burgled. And I don't mean just a little poke around the house, the house was ransacked...with my room being the worst hit. I've lost so much stuff, it's untrue but at least me and my housemates are all OK. The material possessions I can deal with (SLR camera, Mac desktop, flat screen TV etc), but its the sentimental things that hit me the most. The photos they now have on my camera of this summer, and even just the thought of some little shit tearing my room apart and going through every minute detail of my personal space. The forensic team managed to get some really good prints, and actually arrested someone in connection with an arson next door, in the same bloody day, so fingers crossed this could have a happy ending. I could ramble on about this forever, but I shall stop. I just wanted to appologise for not being around the blogosphere much recently....but do not fret...I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment