Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, March 30, 2009

song of the day

If my life (at the moment) was a song, it would be this one:

Ray Lamontagne is one of those artists who sounds great live and a bit meh on his inevitably overproduced albums. He has this amazing voice: half mountain man, half Tom Waits, with a little bit of an old school blues man thrown in for good measure. I guess I'm just a sucker for the whole tortured artist thing.


So song of the day/week/moment is Ray Lamontagne's cover of Garls Barkley's 'Crazy'. I love it.


In other randomness, my flatmate sent me this picture this morning. It took a second for me to figure out what the hell I was looking at - Eve and Wall-E. Hilarious! I seriously loved that film. I saw it on the plane coming back from America and thought it was absolutely sublime. I think kids have it so much better. We have to watch serious, depressing, grown-up art-house cinema and the kids get to watch
Wall-E and Ratatouille. I'm being semi facetious, of course, for I do love my melancholic foreign films and other intellectual indy gems, but sometimes you just want to have a laugh. And I love how, especially Disney (Cf. Fantasia, i.e. one of the best films ever!), much as they went slightly off the deep end with Disney Stores and HSM 1, 2, and 3, can make films that work on an adult and child level. If you haven't seen Wall-E yet, you absolutely should. It's a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment