Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reality Studio AW09/10 - 'Atanarjuat'

I've been meaning to post about this for a while now, but it slipped to the back of my mind. Quite how I managed that I don't know, as the new collection from Reality Studio is even better than the last (which is what every designer pushes to achieve). I've posted about them before, so I was thrilled when an email popped into my inbox with their latest press release. . .



"The collection is inspired by the Inuit film `Atanarjuat � The legend of the fast Runner�, a strange and memorable movie that comes to us from the Canadian Arctic. It is one bright movie, all dazzling expanses of ice and snow and sea and sky; the ghostly interiors of igloos by daylight and by firelight, it�s like swimming in illuminated milk. Furthermore, it eventually delivers a compelling human story that's both mythic and realistic."




It's the drapery that I love about this designer. Such beautifully organic (if I utter that word again, you have permission to shoot me down) lines and shapes, which hang from the head and shoulders and wrap themselves around the body. The muted colour palette is also perfect for A/W, with a splash of coral here and there. In my eyes this is a perfectly wearable winter collection, which embodies German style.

If you want to get your hands on their pieces, check out styleserver and revole online.



No comments:

Post a Comment