Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ASOS and me

Has it really been that long since I last posted? Apparently we are due to get the Internet in our new flat today, but I got tired of waiting. Things have (luckily) been quite hectic in recent weeks, so although I've missed you guys, I've had plenty of fashion-y things going on. The job hunt continues, however I've had a couple of interviews (after months of scouring this fine city for even a hint of a design job) and been approached to do some freelance work. I'm uber excited, and if the freelance is successful it could be the start of something amazing. I can't say too much, but it involves a new brand launching in Singapore - the single most challenging yet exciting project I have ever taken on, so cross everything you have for me!

I would love to hear from anyone who has done freelance design in the past, or who is a full-time freelancer (not necessarily fashion), as I have a few issues (contracts etc) which I would love to discuss with someone. Any genuine advice would be greatly received! My email is on my profile page, so don't be shy.



Some of you keen ASOS shoppers may have already seen this blouse, some of you might have even bought it, and I'd love to know if you have as it's a design from my fair hands. It's not my most contemporary or ground breaking work, but it's really cute with beautiful little details. I know you want to buy it...it would look perfect for that Christmas party, or that meeting you have coming up with those buyers. Haha. I'm not sure if you're aware of how ASOS (and most high street chains) work, but other design companies - suppliers - are bought in to design and produce garments, which are then bought by the chain...in this case ASOS. I work for one of these suppliers, and this was my first garment to be presented to ASOS, so I'm rather proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment