Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, November 27, 2008

All Saints deconstruction



I'm loving All Saints at the moment. I seem to have an on-off relationship with them - sometimes I am blown away by their creativity and technical prowess, and other times I simply feel like I've seen it all before. I don't want to bombard you with images you can quite happily get from the website yourself, but there are a couple of special garments I wanted you to see. They remind me of the Japanese in the 1980's, such as early Comme and Yamamoto, especially Kawakubo's opinion that 'Perfect symmetry is ugly...I always try to destroy symmetry'. They even reveal that the above dress (Klara shirt dress, for those of you who are interested) on their website that the idea was taken directly from the Japanese theory of deconstruction: "The Klara Shirt Dress was inspired by Japanese construct/ deconstruct ways of working. This style has been created by cutting up garments and re-constructing together to make one piece naturally creating random seaming. Panelled with contrasting wool jersey."

Nice, I'll take two please.



Also please, pretty please can you answer my mini poll on the right hand side? It's just a little 'research' I am doing. Being a guy I have never fully understood the female attitudes towards dressing (there are obviously many different dressers out there) so this little piece of information would be seriously handy to me as a designer.

EDIT: YOU CAN SELECT MULTIPLE ANSWERS IF YOU WISH.

No comments:

Post a Comment