Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who's a lucky boy then?

The weekend just gone was my 24th birthday, and I've been kept busy ever since! Many fun days and nights meant I was well and truly spoilt, and I want to share with you some of the best presents I got from family and friends. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but do you ever feel quite let down on your birthday? Whether I build the day up more than I should, I don't know...but I'm always left slightly disappointed (mainly on the friend stake...considering they are supposed to know you the best), but NOT this year. Decorations, cake, mini-party, nicely wrapped presents (brown paper is an amazing way to wrap presents, truly concealing whatever is inside the neatly bowed package) laid out for me and alcohol galore...could a boy ask for more?

The first joyous present is an amazing quill pin broach, in moulded sterling silver and oozing subtly beauty. My friend and I have no idea where it originates from, but I would love to get my hands on some more of this jewellers' work. I have been trying to play with feathers as accessories for a while now, but never quite getting it right - looking OK for an extravagant night out, but not the place to wear to the studio. However, this elegantly masculine quill fits the bill perfectly.


(click to enlarge)

The second is this amazing vintage Preen jumper. It's an incredibly soft angora wool knit, with really unusual ribbing falling down the front and round the neck. It creates the illusion of many plunging neck lines, and would match perfectly with the above pin on one of the fake lapels. This little gem is going to have to wait until the warm weather leaves us for winter, but I'm not sure I can wait.


(click to enlarge)

I had a small party on the Friday night which ended in drunken dressing up, with me and my friends dusting off faithful memories and swapping our most hideous garments (gender was no issue!). As I'm sure you can imagine, this resulted in fits of laughter and was much fun...but something which will forever remain in the walls of my flat. I don't dare (or even vaguely wish) to put these online for the world to see, however it has got me thinking about what party getup I have worn in the past. More recently I have been going to parties and nights where you are required to dress a little more exuberantly, and I do try (although not quite like walking round with a table for a skirt...yes I have seen this!) my conscience usually gets the better of me.

(If anyone I know is reading this, I apologise in advance - you may be in a picture below - but we all know you look beautiful.)



What a bunch of posers.


No comments:

Post a Comment