Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Please read...

Thanks so much to everyone for their kind words about my competition dress. I submitted it on Friday and Guy really loved it - let's just hope that Brix feels the same!

However, with such good news comes some equally bad. The company which I work for during the day full time is in a very bad way, and are on the brink of going under (it is out of our hands, and if a certain high street retailer goes down, it is going to drag us down with it). I was pulled into the office only yesterday and told I need to cut back my days and go 'part-time'. I now do not work Fridays. I am a soft seperates Junior Womenswear Designer, on a relatively low wage, and this is not something I can afford to do. I actually CAN'T. I do not want to move out of London and back to the parentals, so my only other option is to try to make back the money I am losing on that one day per week. I am now going to start making things to sell in an Esty store (which I am a annoyed about as I wanted to create a brilliantly perfect store in my own time, as a hobby and experiment, but I am now doing it out of necessity), which for you guys is great news!

Basically, the reason for me writing this post is I am asking for your help. I really need to find a new job, as I can barely afford to stay in my current company and the financial stability of the company is too much of a risk for me to take. I am sure you are all perfectly aware of the situation within the fashion trade at the moment, but if ANYONE knows of any design related jobs going (preferably in London) please do not hesitate to get in touch. If you are at all interested in hiring me, or know of available positions please drop me an email (londonfashiontrends@googlemail.com) and I will forward on my CV or answer any questions you may have. I have been working for this company for nearly two years and you can see some of my portfolio work on the Coroflot link to the right.

I hope I don't come across too desperate, but times are getting tough now so it is time to put the feelers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment