Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Make-up Addiction: Bare Escentuals

One of my bridesmaids and I had plans to go bridesmaid dress shopping this weekend, and I had planned to treat her with a facial (had received two complimentary facials awhile back), but when that fell through, I decided to plan make-overs at Sephora. I love make-overs...they're so fun! The only downside is that you usually end up wanting to buy at least one or two things that you wouldn't have even thought to get before the make-over (not to mention some counters require you purchase a certain # of products). I made appointments for us for a Bare Escentuals consultation mostly because my friend is super laid-back and wasn't particular about the line we tried, and I have been extremely curious about this whole Bare Escentuals phenomenom. I've been wondering what the big deal is for a while now and have looked skeptically at all the BE products every time I shopped in Sephora. So, this weekend, I figured I'd give the line a try with a make-over since I really like to wear make-up before I buy it to make sure it meshes well with my skin.

Well, go ahead and add me to the Bare Escentuals craze because I have to say that since my make-over, I've become a big fan. My skin has always been a bit acne-prone, so I've never been a fan of foundations and powders. In fact, I've tried wearing them from time to time over the years, but it never lasts long. I buy foundation here and there only to wear it a few times and then accidentally leave it in my make-up bag forgotten. I'm always so scared that heavy make-up will break my face out, and I've never liked the feeling of foundation and/or powder on my face. If this sounds like you, too, I highly recommend you schedule an appointment for a BE consultation of your own. Bare Escentuals features mineral-based make-up that comes in powder form - even the foundation and concealer is in powder-form! To boot, the foundation contains SPF15 to help protect your skin during the day. I would have gotten the starter kit this weekend,

but I ran out of money for the month of March and you guys know I'm trying to be good and stick to my budget. Let's hope April gets here soon, b/c I'm ready for a lighter option to even out my face.

NOTE: Image/item sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment