Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, March 31, 2008

Last stop: BCN


*This collage was done with my own pictures from last weekend
I've spent this long weekend (Friday to Monday) in Barcelona. It was really great. At first, when in the plane, I was a bit dissapointed because I thought it would be bigger, but it was just a feeling, when you are down there, it's big enough. I was prepared to visit a lot of places in such a short period of time, so that's why I bought the guide which is down. The books on the left... ok, I must admit I bought them in Barcelona, I couldn't avoid it, and in fact it was only five!
Jean Nouvel, the architect who designed the Agbar Tower (on the collage, the one which is very similar to Norman Foster's one in London), won yesterday the Pritzker prize, which is similar to Nobel but only for architecture, so I couldn't choose a better moment to visit it! Gaud� impressed me greatly, especially the G�ell Park, it's amazing! Also "La Pedrera" the building in the last picture, is totally worth seeing it. It's so different to any other building which I've ever seen, the waves-shape on the facade and those balconies, I wish I could live there!


He pasado este finde en Barcelona, y me lo he pasado genial. Cuando estaba en el avi�n me sent� un poco decepcionada porque pens� que ser�a m�s grande, pero bueno, una vez que puse los pies en la tierra se me pas� esa sensaci�n, y obviamente ahora pienso que es lo suficientemente grande como para ofrecer todo lo que uno necesita para vivir, y m�s. He comprado una gu�a para poder visitar todos los sitios de inter�s r�pidamente ya que solo ten�a tres d�as.

El premio Pritzker de arquitectura fue a parar este a�o a las manos del franc�s Jean Nouvel, el arquitecto que dise�� la torre Agbar, (en el collage la pod�is ver, es el �nico rascacielos que aparece). A m� me recuerda demasiado a la torre que hizo Norman Foster en Londres (Swiss Re Tower) y sinceramente me gusta m�s la de Foster, pero bueno, esta no est� nada mal, lo que me impresion� fue ver en el sitio en el que est�, ya que pens� que estar�a en el centro de la ciudad.
La obra de Gaud� para m� fue sin duda lo mejor de Barcelona. El parque G�ell es realmente impresionante, y bueno, uno de mis edificios favoritos era La Pedrera, y ahora que he tenido la oportunidad de verlo in situ me gusta m�s a�n. Es tan perfecto! con esas formas tan sinuosas, y esos balcones! los que en �l viven son muy muy afortunados.


It was totally necessary showing you this. Mediterranean style, we had brunch in a cool place next to the Cathedral. They offer Spanish pintxos, (typical from Basque Country) and they were so good! Spanish omelette, bread and chorizo, ham, and the rest, you just can see it.
Uno de los d�as hemos almorzado en un bar que est� al lado de la catedral y que es de pintxos, y bueno, he puesto la foto porque estaban todos tan ricos, que creo que merece la pena hacer una referencia a ese lugar, por si alg�n d�a vais!

La Pedrera, designed by Spanish architect: Gaud�


No comments:

Post a Comment