Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, November 26, 2007

Nancy T Reports from Malan Breton's Trunk Show

On November 20, Malan Breton hosted a trunk show to benefit Broadway Cares/Equity/Fight AIDS in at the Warwick Hotel in NY. Visitors got to talk with Malan while they shopped for clothing from his Spring 2008 collection.

Malan was as dapper and charming as ever. We dished about the first episode of Project Runway Season 4. I would be a cad to mention his criticisms of the designers, but will share that his favorites this week included Christian and Jillian. He also talked about the options for his February 2008 fashion show � he might be in the Bryant Park tents next year!

Last, but assuredly not least, we looked through his collection together, because I was not going to pass up this opportunity to own a Breton original. While I had attended his fashion show in September, it is a quite different experience to see the clothes up close, feel the fabrics, and examine the construction. The fabrics (silk organzas, mylars, chiffons and sateens) were so luxurious that you had to touch them. His designs evoke a more refined era, where people went to glamorous soirees � just what I expected adulthood to be like when I was a kid. Though �alas--that�s not my adult life, Malan did help me pick out clothes that would look good on me and fit my wardrobe needs. I coveted many of the outfits and purchased a stylish black silk skirt.

Malan�s fashions will be available for sale from his website malanbreton.com in the next few weeks, and will cost from $300-950, which is reasonable given the fabrics, style, and workmanship. For those of you in NY (or planning to visit), I strongly recommend you visit his showroom (call 212-358-0892 for an appointment), so that you can meet with Malan to get the perfect fit and fabric (he will make fabric substitutions to suit your taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment