Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, October 1, 2009

UHU Gareth Pugh: SS10

Now Mr. Pugh, THAT is what I call a show. You may, or may not know that I have been an ardent Pugh fan from day one of his career (and strangely enough, I'm today wearing my HoH 'Uhu Gareth Pugh' tee), and for the first few years I could not get enough of this L'Enfant terrible but last season my love was beginning to wien. I absolutely loved his shapes, as always, but nothing about the shows (men's or women's) really struck me as new and exciting territory. This season however, Pugh has blasted all of my doubts out of the water, and shown (I think) his most amazing collection to date.


'If, once upon a time ... a Pugh show was all about the Beast, this time the focus was on Beauty. But she was eerie, a postapocalyptic princess.' style.com


One of the exciting things for me about fashion weeks, is the anticipation of seeing a designers new collection. The months of hard work all coming together, and allowing us - the feeble public - to access their brains and enter their world, if only for the 10 minute show. It excites me when a designer unveils a new direction, or when you can simply tell that they have put their absolute all into the collection, their heart and soul - as Gareth Pugh has done this season.


His experimentation with textures and fabrics is astounding (see above), and he continues to experiment with and evolve his shapes. Corseted menswear? Trench-biker jackets? Slashed floor-length gowns? Oh Pugh, I DO love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment