Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, July 31, 2009

Little Break, Big Difference: Paris

Last weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to join a select group of UK bloggers on an all expenses paid trip to Paris! I know, amazing huh...I had my reservations, but when the taxi promptly arrived on the morning of our trip all doubts were dashed (either that or I was still bleary-eyed from the 4.30am start, and didn't really care where this taxi was taking me!).

Here we all are, looking rather stylish in the glaring Parisian sun. Do you recognise anyone? The wonderful bloggers on the trip included Frassy, Kit from StyleSlicker, Selina from Flying Saucer, Vanessa Jackman, Amna from DiscoNap, DisneyRollerGirl and Claire from YoungShields, to name but a few.

Colette was the first stop-off, and I was planning on taking some amazingly inspirational photos for both the blog and work, however after almost getting wrestled to the ground by a pack of hungry sales assistants, I decided it was better to leave my camera in the bag! This shop is brilliant (although not quite as good as London's own 'concept store', Dover Street Market) and I finally managed to get up close and personal with some shit-hot Gareth Pugh tailoring. Perfection I tell thee.

We had a beautiful three course meal in a swanky restaurant called B4 (which happened to be situated in the gay area of Paris, with rather handsome waiters!), and a presentation from the beautiful Marion Cointot. She presented to us her first collection, and allowed me to get an insight into just how you go about creating (and getting produced) that all important first collection. Her dresses are beautifully wearable and well made, with brilliant research to back her up - I'll look forward to seeing her succeed.

Unfortunately our lunch was typically French, and lasted almost 2 1/2 hours. I was loving the conversation and the flowing champagne, however this meant that our guided tour of the Madeleine Vionnet exhibition at Les Arts Decoratifs was cut drastically short. This is a truly stunning exhibition from an equally amazing talent. We were assured that this is a one-off exhibition that will not be seen again for another 20 years, so it is definitely well worth a visit. Rather shamefully though, when presented with the option to stay and ponder the delights of Vionnet, or continue onto a champagne 'tasting' boat cruise I chose to hit the booze. I shall be making an extra special effort to go back to Paris (and take full advantage of the 59pound return from Eurostar) and return to this exhibition before it closes at the end of January 2010.

As I mentioned the rest of the afternoon was spent cruising the river Seine, champagne in one hand, cigarette in the other, with not a care in the world. It was such an amazing day, and I would like to thank the team at We are Social for organising the trip, and to Eurostar for paying!


You can see more photos from the trip HERE. Also, visi tHERE for more information on the 59pounds return Eurostar ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment