Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fashion and film

The fashion world seems to be going crazy for film. Designers as diverse as Alice Temperley and Gareth Pugh are using the evolving platform as a way to reach a mass international audience, without the costs attached to putting on a catwalk show. Online magazines and websites such as SHOWstudio and Fashion156 are also exploring the medium, giving their readers a more intimate and in depth look at the world we all know as fashion. Video film are definitely the way forward for fashion editorial and catwalk but also to indulge our ever increasing and almost voyeuristic desire to know anything and everything.




I was explaining to some friends yesterday how I haven't yet jumped on the twitter bandwagon, and I have been even worse with the YouTube phenomena. However, over recent months I've noticed some extremely credible fashion/art films and documentaries popping up, so today I have taken the plunge and signed up (YouTube for the time being...perhaps Twitter will follow later?). Saying that I have also noticed another platform called Vimeo, is this better...worse...only for user added content? Help, I need some guidance here guys! Please point me in the right direction, whether it be with films to watch or the best platform to do so.

I have one more video for you, which was actually the catalyst for my signing up - a beautiful video called The Veil by Junya Watanabe. A hauntingly mysterious film, it tells the story of a woman we assume to be mourning the loss of her long dead child. Morbidly elegant this film has truly captured my interest in film and has set me off on an exploratory journey through the Internet jungle, to see what diamonds I can uncover.


No comments:

Post a Comment