Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankyou McQ!

I must be making some kind of impact with my blog, as I received an invite to the AW09 press day of Alexander McQueen's diffusion line, McQ (which makes me wonder who actually reads this blog, but that's a completely different discussion)! I was totally gobsmacked, but sadly I am unable to attend due to work commitments. The tea and cakes are being handed round as I type and it pains me to think what this experience could have been like. Maybe this will be the start of something new for me, going to press events and jetting off to fashion weeks, a la Bubble, seeing such inspiring creations up close and personal.

*WAKE UP!*

Even though this is not his main line, McQueen is one of the main designers' who made me venture into fashion. I have always held a brightly lit torch for the Infant Terrible of British fashion, and always will. His work continues to stun buyers, editors, consumers and bloggers alike, and maybe even this season more than ever. To be honest I've not given his McQ line much attention in the past, since I saw the rather bizarre American style cheer-leading adverts a few seasons ago, however after receiving the lookbook for the current collection my faith has been restored.

The exaggerated silhouettes of the tailoring really excites me. Simple ideas like pushing out the shoulders and enhancing body shapes have been tried and tested by the likes of Vivienne Westwood and the Japanese clan of the 1980s, but it still makes my heart flutter! I have to try these for myself. Let me know your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment