Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ryan Thomas Dolls

I had serious hangover issues this morning, so I spent my afternoon lazily browsing Boarders on Oxford Street (which in hindsight was a bad idea - the crowds on a Saturday are insane!), and took a few magazines up to Starbucks to read with a lovely iced Mocha. I don't usually read Wonderland, don't ask me why but I've never been their biggest fan. I had seen the editorial with Yasmin Le Bon laying posing with a crashed car as an accessory all over the net so thought I'd see if there was anything worth reading inside. The YLB shoot was pretty impressive, but my slightly warped mind was drawn to something completely different.

I can't find anything out about this guy, but his name is Ryan Thomas. There is a model with that name, an actor and many others but Google could not find any artists. For all I know he could be a stylist or simply an assistant at the magazine. Anyway, he created these beautiful and slightly bizarre doll sculptures for an accessories shoot. They are incredibly simple, with paper mache pasted on top of an old doll. The effect is staggeringly beautiful, and is making me want to run to my local junk shop, buy various weird and wonderful items and cover them in old newspapers/magazines. I'll leave you with the images for now, and see what you think....in the mean time I'm going to find myself some old toys to decorate!


Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment