Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fur or Faux?

Contradiction. That's the first word which comes to mind when thinking about fur garments. I used to hate people who wear fur coats, but not anymore. Maybe because I hate cynical people more. It's very respectable not wearing fur coats, but, if you eat meat, and you wear leather shoes and handbags, does it really make a difference? I think it doesn't. What I really don't approve now I will never do, it's having a coat of an endangered species, it's an atrocity, but that's another topic.


Coat- my mum's
Tights- Marie Claire
Shoes- Manolo Blahn�k


Despite weather is still ok, I borrowed this coat from my mum when thinking about my winter wardrobe. She never wears it, and she offers it to me...Maybe being a 22-year-old is too young to wear such a coat, or maybe not. I don't know, I still don't have a clean conscience about wearing fur, what do you think?
Belt- Massimo Dutti

Contradicci�n. Es la primera palabra que me viene a la cabeza cuando pienso en las prendas de piel. Sol�a odiar a la gente que llevaba esos abrigos de piel, normalmente se�oras mayores para las que su abrigo de vis�n -o de lo que fuera- era tan importante como el Mercedes para su marido, aunque cada vez hay menos de esas. Lo cierto es que me he dado cuenta que en realidad odio a los c�nicos m�s. Es muy respetable no llevar prendas de piel, pero si comes carne, y llevas zapatos de piel y bolsos, �de qu� sirve? Yo creo que de nada. Por lo que no paso es por los abrigos de animales en peligro de extinci�n, ya que eso es una salvajada y no tiene excusa, pero eso da para otro post.
A pesar de que el tiempo a�n es bueno, estaba "mendigando" por casa viendo que podr� aprovechar para el invierno, y mi madre me dej� probar este abrigo. Ella nunca lo usa y me dijo que me lo daba si lo quer�a. Quiz�s 22 a�os son pocos para llevar un abrigo como �ste, o quiz�s no. A�n no tengo claro si mi conciencia puede soportar llevar un bicho encima... �y vosotros qu� pens�is?

Fashion icons from all time, wearing fur. From left top: Carrie Bradshaw, Anita Pallenberg, Nicole Richie, Carine Roitfeld, Edie Sedgwick, Diane Kruger, Naomi Campbell, Marilyn Monroe, MK Olsen and Kate Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment