Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Four inches away of Haute Couture


Last weekend I had a terrible argument with a friend. Now he is trying to become the kind of intellectual boy, now he reads Nietzsche and thinks fashion is pathetic. What a mess. I tell you this because a huge amount of people -at least the people I know- think if you are interested in fashion, you must have no brain, and you must be a superficial and consumer person. Why? I really don't know. Today I was in a YSL Haute Couture exhibition, it was actually about his relationship with art, and how art inspired him. It was magic, perfect. When I got inside I felt relieved. Suddenly, I understand it. I am tired of trying to show other people how fashion is poetry, is cinema, is painting, is architecture, is sculpture, is literature, is everything, and it's ok if other people can't see it. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics, but I think is enough to get it. What do these pics suggest you? Is fashion art or not? After today, I couldn't be surer.

Wedding dress, tribute to Braque, 1988


Night dress bambara, 1967


Cocktail dress, tribute to Mondrian, 1965



Bullfighter suit, 1979
.

*I've bought the book of the exhibition, so I will offer you soon better pics and a larger comment on the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment