Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rodarte for Opening Ceremony, Emilio Pucci Fall 2011

I took a look at Rodarte's collection for OC, and I am kind of disappointed. I guess I shouldn't have expected the bargain prices of Rodarte's collaboration with Target. The cheapest Rodarte x OC piece costs $110, and it's a pair of "tattoo tights." Basically, they are sheer tights with designs on them that are supposed to look like tattoos once you put them on. (A few Etsy sellers have been touting tackier versions of Rodarte's for months.) Opening Ceremony also stocks non-collaboration pieces by Rodarte and there are actually a few things cheaper than $110 � pencil cases, notebooks and tee-shirts with "RADARTE" (no typo) printed on them. Yay let's go buy a Rodarte pencil case guyz! It comes stocked with Rodarte pencils and a Kurt Cobain eraser!





















Tattoo tights, purchase here.

I also took a look at Emilio Pucci's Fall 2011 collection which was an uplifting experience. Classic Pucci prints (some hand painted), exquisite detailing, velvet, and lace accents. The collection is rich, and I know I used the word rich to describe Oscar de la Renta's fur lined excess, but each are completely different � while I want to pull de la Renta's plush pieces closer, each dress from Pucci's latest collection is more suited as a piece of art not to be toyed with.





Photos: Pucci

No comments:

Post a Comment