Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fashion156.com/Start Boutique Design Competition Entry

OK, so I've finally sent off my entry to the fashion156.com and Start London design competition, and here it is. I was dubious whether to post it or not, as it's quite personal (and there's the issue of plagiarism, but that's what you get with having the world wide web I suppose?). It's one thing to post and comment about someone else's work, but when it's your own it takes on a whole new level of importance. Anyways, it is loosely based around the Samurai amour you can see in my moodboard. Using this initial idea, I did a few basic sketches and then began draping on the stand. Let me know what you think...but don't be too harsh eh!?



I was a bit worried about the colours being too on trend, if you get what I mean. They have been all over the catwalk for SS09, but I had to think of something which would be wearable, commercial yet conceptual and would fit in with the upcoming spring/summer collections - the winner will be sold in Start boutique in Shoreditch and online. It took a lot of research and a lot of thinking, but I am happy with the final outcome, so let's just hope the judges agree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment