Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, January 26, 2007

A Note From Stacey Estrella


We received a beautiful note from S3 designer Stacey Estrella, responding to our birthday greeting earlier this month. She shows us that you don't have to win to end up as a winner:

Thank you so much for sharing. That was a nice little surprise.

In case there�s a place for it, I wanted to share with your audience a talk I gave at the University of Nebraska last August. It was one of the unexpected surprises and outcomes from my brief appearance on the show.

Two days after my episode, I received an email invitation from the Chair of the department of Textiles, Clothing and Design. He asked me to give the keynote address at the annual welcome back event. At first I didn�t want to accept the invitation. On the surface, it was a failure�at least that�s how it was portrayed in the media and that�s how many fans of the show want to view it. But then I realized that I had an obligation. To aspiring Designers, Artists, professionals... anyone who has a dream and fails to pursue it because they�re afraid. Afraid of what others might say or think. Afraid of their own �failure.�

Click here to continue reading Stacey's heartfelt note.

No comments:

Post a Comment