Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Material Girl - Yay or Nay?

Remember back in April when I was raving about the new BBC series, Material Girl which is based on the book Fashion Babylon written  by Imogen Edwards-Jones?  Well, the show which hits our screens in mid October has been given a right royal panning in this week's Grazia. According to journo, Paul Flynn, Material Girl is nothing more than a cliched one-dimensional folly. So I decided to check out the trailers to find out for myself and I am sorry but I have to disagree; because the show looks riveting and totally slick. Not only that it reeks of money and you can tell that a lot of cash has been sunk into this and it really pays off. Sorry Grazia but you have got it wrong. On another note it was great to see comments on Material Girl from fellow bloggers, DisneyRollerGirl, FredButlerStyle and Queen Michelle from Kingdom of Style. The review is on page 81 in case you want to have  a peep.

Have a look at a clip from the show and tell me what you think. You can also check out the BBC website to see the actual trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment