Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One quarter of a century!

Today is the 25th year of my existence, and instead of relaxing in the sun I am chained to my desk at work. I have managed to squeeze in a little fashion research however, which is brightening up my day. I'm not going to reel off a load of excuses as to why I have not been posting as much recently, but things have been very busy with interviews and work/mini-projects for said interviews....so please keep you fingers crossed for me - the best birthday present I could receive would be to hear back from this one job which I am perfect for! To celebrate, I'm having a little party with the theme of 'Fashionista', and I have to come up with a fabulous outfit (on the cheap) - any suggestions? I may just post the pictures up next week, if you're lucky! HA.


Anyways, back to the point. Whilst doing my research this morning, I found a Swedish design student with some really interesting work - Stina Randestad. Her work is far beyond the calibre I would expect of a student, and shows great potential. Most of her projects are only explored in one final outfit, however I would love to see her expand on some of her ideas, and create a full collection. She has a brilliant understanding of shape and form, challenging the ideals of the silhouette. She actually makes me slightly envious that I no longer have the time or the freedom to experiment in the way that you do when studying!



No comments:

Post a Comment